Sunday, March 24, 2013

Depressed

One of my aunts that moved to Atlanta told me that it is hard to find a job there unless I live there. That really brought me down because I'm so ready to leave the state I'm in. I applied for two jobs and got an email rejection from one and is waiting on the decision of the other. They are the same job but in two different cities. I applied for them the same day.

My job is becoming worse and worse. The drama has become ridiculous. It's becoming a toxic environment to work into. I have talked to other assistants at my job and many of them are planning on leaving after the year is over. I honestly hope I can find a job within 5 months.

My mom wants me to take the Praxis tests and become a certified teacher. It's not something I want to do because that is not where my passion is. The education system is going down the toilet and everyone will pay the price.

Soon there will be charter schools and the assistant principal told us that a teacher's retirement may be affected. Why should I get into a field knowing my retirement may be affected in the process.

I honestly want to give up. My life is not going the way I want it too. I'm 24 and I'm still living at home with a dead end job. If only I didn't switch majors this would not have happened.

I have now learned the lesson that it's best to get in a career what makes you money, not what you are passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment