Thursday, December 8, 2011

Suze Orman: Think You're Not Going To Get A Job For At Least Two Years

Late last night, I watched Suze Orman was on The Joy Behar Show (Amazing show! So sad it's ending.) and discussed the housing crisis as well as unemployment. When asked about what is the first thing a person should do once they lose their job, she says: 

It's to think that you're not going to get another job for at least two years. 

Yikes! Two years?! 

She goes on to say when one loses a job, they continue to spend money as if they still have a job. And thus going through their savings within six to eight months. They think they will find a job right away. 

Talk about a wake-up call.

That's one thing I love about Suze Orman. She tells it like it is. She doesn't sugar-coat the truth. I wish I would have listened to her before I went off to college and racked up over 41K (oh didn't I mention I actually owe 38K + interest instead of 25?) of student loans. I believe my life would have been much different. One thing it would be is less stressful. I believe I would not have been unemployed. 

But now I'm wide awake and I'm listening. It's better late then never. 







No comments:

Post a Comment