Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Most College Graduates With A Bachelors Degree Have A Job Says BLS

According to a BLS jobs report in August, only 5% of college graduates holding a bachelor's degree is unemployed. Those with some college experience or with an associate's degree has an unemployed rate of 8%. The unemployment rate climbs with less education -- those without a high school diploma has an unemployment rate of over 14%. 


As someone who is apart of the 5%, I find this a bit false. I've seen people who have gotten jobs who don't have a college degree. As a matter of fact, I know someone who was recently hired at two jobs that doesn't have a high school diploma. I can't get a job at Wal-Mart, but a high school drop out currently has two jobs. It doesn't make sense. Most people I do know have a job -- whether they have a college degree or not. Of all my friends, I'm the only one who is out of college with a bachelor's degree and is unemployed. 


In about 6 weeks, it will be time to start paying back my student loans and I have no income. Hopefully I will be approved for a deferment or I'm screwed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment