Monday, February 20, 2012

Unemployed College Grad Is No Longer Unemployed

Yep. That's right. I have a job!

I am a Teacher Assistant at an elementary school.. The pay is not great, but at least I'm making my own money. I work from 7:45-3:45. I have one 30 min break around 2pm. The kids I'm working with are SPED (Special Education) kids. Not in a handicap kind of way, but they are slow learners. 

So far, I've been working there for a week and it's great. It has its boring points, but what job doesn't? And since I work for a school, I'm off the same time the children are off, and I still get paid. As a matter of fact, I'm off for the summer and I still get paid like the teachers! It's great!

Right now I am currently looking for a part-time job or another full-time evening or night job. That way I will be making a decent income to move out. 

I know many people have not read this blog, but I'm going to leave it to remind people to keep trying. It was 2 days before the 6 month anniversary of my graduation before I  found a job. It takes time. 

Don't give up!

Signed,

An EMPLOYED College Grad 

No comments:

Post a Comment