Thursday, February 2, 2012

Light At The End Of The Tunnel?

In an earlier post, I talked about how I became a substitute teacher due to the lack of jobs. Well, almost three weeks after my name was put on the last, as well as a bunch of networking with teachers and teacher assistants, I have a few days lined up for this month. Tomorrow will be my first class. I'm also signed up for another class on the 8th and is suppose to be subbing for a class at the end of the month. 

I'm very nervous for tomorrow. It's at a junior high school. I do realize now that any experience is good experience, and my resume can now have something written below "Work Experience" on my resume.  Tomorrow will definitely an interesting day. 

I've applied to more than six jobs since my last post. I applied to two of them and took a test for another yesterday, and had an interview for one the day before. I honestly think I bombed the interview. One of the questions they asked was "What would you do when confronted with a disgruntled customer?" I said I would figure out the problem is and give them a discount, because it's important that they continue their services with us. If they are out of hand, I will get the manager.  Yeah...

It also didn't help that one of my references went missing. When she printed out my application, it only showed two of my references instead of the three --- which is required. She said it was okay, but I felt like my chances of getting the job at that point was slim. After the interview I asked her when will I know the job is filled or whatever, she said they would have to call for a second interview before making a choice. *sigh*

I've been pretty much crossing this job out of my mind since the interview. I know I should probably write a thank you note or something to the interviewer that would perhaps increase my chances. I don't know...  I think I'm holding out for the other jobs than this one anyways because the others pay more and is actually full time. 

Only time will tell. *Crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment